Organic Cane Sugar
The Native Green Cane Project – The Ultimate Sustainability Story
For more than 20 years, we have proudly partnered with the Native Green Cane Project in Brazil to provide organic cane sugar products. The Green Cane Project, launched in 1987, is the largest sustainable agriculture project in the world and has:
- Pioneered green cane harvesting (replacing the destructive practice of burning cane fields).
- Replaced synthetic fertilizers and pesticides with recycled waste streams from production and natural pest and disease control.
- Planted over 1 million trees to create 11,000 acres of greenways or "biodiversity islands" on its farms to attract beneficial wildlife.
- Installed cogeneration equipment to power the mill and surrounding communities.
- Implemented many innovative environmental and social programs.
Today, the Green Cane Project farms over 22,000 hectares (54,400 acres) of certified organic cane fields. The results have been incredible:
- 100% Carbon Neutral – from the fields to our warehouses in North America and Europe
- Cogeneration alone saves over 25,000 metric tons of CO2 saved per year
- Increased yields vs. conventional cane fields
- Higher resistance to drought and pest damage
- 23 times the biodiversity of conventional fields, including many rare species
- Many cutting-edge labor and social programs for employees and the community
Food Safety & Quality
- Third-party audited to a recognized GFSI standard
- Uncompromised quality: ISO 22000, BRC certification including HACCP and GMP
- No genetically engineered materials at any stage (non-GMO sugar)
- Complete transparency – vertically integrated farm to mill and family-run since 1946
Check out the Native Green Cane Project in the News
Native Organic Granulated Cane Sugar (NOW available in 50 lb. bags)
Native Organic Demerara Sugar
Organic Liquid Cane Sugar 67.5%
Organic Invert Cane Syrup
Organic Light & Dark Brown Sugar
Organic Powdered Sugar